More than 30 years of action
Agir Pour Le Cambodge
30 years of action in serving the poorest of the poor
APLC is a French NGO which was created in January 1985 by former students of the Lycée Franklin – St Louis de Gonzague (Paris) in response to a humanitarian emergency and to help the Cambodian population which at the time had taken refuge in the camps on the border with Thailand. From the very beginning, APLC put education and training at the forefront of its mission to fight against poverty. In 1995 it turned to aiding development and since then it has been contributing to reducing poverty and to fighting human trafficking.
APLC started with significant activities in Banteay Mancheay and Oddar Mancheay provinces. Having remained highly isolated for years, with conflicts carrying on until 1999, this zone is amongst the poorest in Cambodia, offering very little potential for economic development. This is why Agir Pour Le Cambodge has sought to support the poorest families by setting up education and training programs. In 2009, the population having become autonomous and responsible, the management of these programs was handed over to village committees.
Nowadays, APLC continues its fight against poverty and human trafficking with programs supporting education with the Sré Ampil children’s home and vocational training with the Sala Baï Hotel and Restaurant School. Its actions target mainly children and youngsters, between 8 and 23 years old, coming exclusively from very disadvantaged background, with a priority given to girls, more vulnerable and with lower access to education and stable employment.
Taking action thanks to your generosity and in full transparency
APLC could not take action without the generosity of private donors (donations and/or sponsorships) and without the grants awarded by foundations or companies. We regularly inform our partners of the progress of our projects: quarterly newsletters sent to private sponsors and donors, biannual reports sent to foundations.
The annual budgetary exercise of APLC, based on the scholar year, is closed on August 31st
Since the 2011-2012 exercise, all our accounts are audited and certified every year by PricewaterhouseCooper with no qualified opinion.
APLC, a dedicated team
- Claude COLOMBIE – President
- Nicolas FLOQUET – Treasurer
- Dominique de l’EPINOIS – Secretary
- Félicité OGERAU – Associate member responsible for HR
- Emmanuelle DETHOMAS – In charge of the relations with Cambodia
- Jean CELIER – President of l’Îlot
- Vincent FAUVET – President of Investir & , co-founder of Sala Baï
- Fritz GUBLER – President-founder of Friends of Sala Baï in Australia
- Olivier LAFOURCADE – President of Investors and Partners for development
- Marie de La VILLE-BAUGE – Head of humanitarian mission, co-founder of Sala Baï
- Sam McGOUN – President-founder of Touch Sala Baï in Singapore
- Stéphane BAVEREZ – Head Stress Testing Coordination
- Martin GENTIL – Co-founder and Director of Diatly.com
- Fabien HUBSCH – Deputy Director of Marketing
- Philippe GLOAGUEN – Editor, founder of Guide du Routard
- Régis MARCON – 3-star Michelin Chef
- Bruno de MONTE – Director of the FERRANDI Paris Hotel School
- Elisa O’NEILL – Deputy Director of Communication, Global Banking & Investors Solutions division
- Marie YEN – Operations manager
TOGETHER WE CAN FIGHT POVERTY
through education and vocational